Entrepreneurship communities are booming in cities across the country.
To better understand why and how, join us for the Tomorrow Tour, a multi-city event and reporting series organized by local tech news site Technical.ly and Comcast NBCUniversal, which is coming to Miami on Wednesday, March 2.
The FREE evening discussion will feature food, drink and conversations about how Miami fits into the national conversation on entrepreneurship and local economy reinvention. Find Technical.ly coverage of the Miami community here and a list of prominent Miami tech leaders here.
The evening roundtable and networking is event focused on where tech and entrepreneurship goes next, as part of a seven-city U.S. tour of innovation clusters.
5:00pm-6:00pm: Registration and Networking Happy Hour
6:00pm: Welcome by Christopher Wink of Technical.ly
6:00pm-6:30pm: Keynote: Kelly Hoey, angel investor, Inc columnist and CNBC contributor
6:30pm-7:15pm: Roundtable Discussion: Miami's position in national entrepreneurship and local tech community-development trends
- Juan Pablo Cappello is the founder of Private Advising Group and was recently named one of the “Most Influential Hispanics” in by Poder magazine in the areas of science and technology and in 2012 was selected as a “Top 50 Entrepreneur” by Business Leader magazine.
- Dr. Pandwe Gibson is the executive director of EcoTech Visions, a business incubator focused on deepening the innovative ecosystem in South Florida to include light manufacturing and production firms.
- Jason Ibarra is the organizer of Startup Grind Miami and cofounder of Recovery Passport.
- Felecia Hatcher is a White House award-winning entrepreneur, motivational speaker and author. Hatcher is also the co-founder of Code Fever and Black Tech Week and co-owner of Feverish Ice Cream LLC/Feverish Pops.
- Moderated by Christopher Sopher, CEO, The New Tropic. Chris leads the Miami media publication and was previously project manager on the media innovation team at Knight Foundation.
7:15pm: Open networking